Monday, November 26, 2007

Spaced Out, Not Much To Say.




How I want US to be again...and soon. This photo was taken around when I was 30 weeks pregnant with Birdie. I can see the innocence in both our faces.

6 comments:

Melissa Morgan-Oakes said...

We're all that innocent, I think, until life forces us out of it. You can be happy again, but never innocent. Sucks, really. Beautiful picture of Birdie.

YummySushiPjs said...

I know just what you mean. I worry that I will never have that innocence, that light-hearted happiness ever again. I think that is just the grief speaking though. I think we will ALL get back to a happy place. Maybe not so innocent, but just as happy.

Beruriah said...

Oh, how that final picture of you and Matt makes me ache. I'm so sorry.

Mrs. Collins said...

I love your pictures of Birdie. I also enjoyed the link to the website about mourning photography. I wish I had more pics of Jimmy. I only have one that I can see his face. I don't have one holding him and that bothers me. A lot.

meg said...

I liked that mourning photography link too.

The innocence...I can see it in your faces. And that photo of you sitting on the bed, just breaks my heart. It really does.

c. said...

The picture of Birdie is beautiful (all of your pictures of her are so incredible).

As for innocence, I mourn the loss of mine. The fact that bad things happen and yes, they can happen to me is not a very comforting thought.

Maybe, one day, we can get that back. Or at least some measure of it.