Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Home

So we made it home safely. We had a really nice time in VA, though I didn't get to take any of the graveyard photos I had hoped to. For some reason it was really hard to locate old graveyards close by where we were staying. Anyways, the weather was nice and much warmer than New England's. I will write more about our trip later and post some photos.

I have been feeling like I am neglecting Birdie somehow...like I just go through the day to day and I don't think of her enough or something. I can't really understand or explain how it is I have been feeling since her birthday, maybe I am just really depressed and I don't realize it. There are all of these things that I want to do to creatively express my sorrow but instead I'm not doing them and I just feel bad about it. I feel lazy and disgusted with myself. I don't really know what I am trying to say here, I just needed to get this out because it's making me so angry with myself. I am just so angry and so damn sad.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back! I hope you guys enjoyed getting away for a bit.

Much love to you and your family.

-R&S

Mary said...

Welcome back also!! Erin about you feeling you are giving Birdie enough attention I have a thought. I don't mean to repeat myself and no I have not lost my own child but I've lost a foster baby, my dad and a niece and a nephew. Those are the ones that were/are the hardest. But I remember feeling like you at least in the way I think you described. Sometimes I wondered why my every thougt of the day wasn't thinking of the person I lost. Then I would amost make a point to think of them because I wasn't. Looking back I do think it's part of the healing process, I really do. I think it is OK to not have our every thought on our dear loved ones. We KNOW how much we love them and always will. I don't mean to hurt you in any way, I just thought of that when I read your post. So glad you are home safe and looking forward to your pictures!!!

meg said...

Glad you're home and you had a good time. Can't wait to see the photos too.

pinky said...

Welcome home. Looking forward to your pictures.

supermomnah said...

Hi Erin!
I've missed you :) I hope you've enjoyed your time away. I'm praying that spring comes soon, and the flowers start to grow and bloom. My gift to you and Birdie is in the final stages (I can't believe how long this has taken) and I hope to have it in the mail to you next week.
Much Love,
Meg

kate said...

Not sure where you went in VA, but there is a beautiful old graveyard on the campus of University of Virginia in Charlottesville. For another time!