Monday, June 02, 2008

Beauty In Everything

There was a time when it was hard for me to see the true beauty in everything around me. Even though I have always strived really really hard to appreciate everything that I have, and the people in my life, there were times and even now I catch myself being grumpy about things or people. This afternoon while I was napping, or trying to nap I was thinking about how Matt almost lost not only Birdie but me as well. This is not something that I have thought about much, but it is true and I did almost die last year. Our whole traumatic experience and the aftermath made us REALLY see just how important it is not to take anything we have for granted. I try hard everyday to remind myself of this simple fact. It seems strange to think that I would ever again take anything for granted, but I think that I have had moments since losing Birdie when I have. It can be so easy to fall into that trap, and it it a trap. I don't really know what it is I am trying to say here...just that perhaps I need to keep reminding myself that nothing is forever, nothing is permanent no matter how much I or we like to think. I am however reminded of the beauty that is life, the simplest things are important, the tiniest little kick or punch that this baby gives me is beautiful. This baby, this baby is keeping on the path of seeing beauty in everything. This baby is inspiring me in so many ways. This baby is a miracle. Baby Bunny, I love you. Birdie, I miss you and love you.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

The hopeless trap: It comes and it goes. Hooray that it goes!

I just want to say here that I love you guys and think of you all the time.

Let the sun shine in!

Leigh Steele said...

such wise words from a healing mama. i am beyond happy about the baby kicks and punches!
and this latest set of photos is simply beautiful and etheral.
xoxo

missing_one said...

We are surrounded in beauty we cannot necessarily see

:)

hugs to the four of you

Melissa Morgan-Oakes said...

The human trap. We all fall into it.

pinky said...

It is a wonderful time of year. Everything is blooming around here. Some things are decaying because they bloomed last month. It is part of their lifecycle. But there is still so much more to come. Enjoy it.I know you are in Ma. Take a trip to the Ocean. Worth it!!!!

Charlotte's Mama said...

oh, it is all around us. it makes my spine tingle that you can see it, and i can see it too.
there is so much good. sometimes, i think it's not so much taking things for granted as it is just being so rooted where you are that you forget to think about where you could be. that is not always a bad thing. sometimes it leads to happiness and peace.
xox