I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO READY!
OK, so I only just on the cusp of 36 weeks, but tomorrow is 36 WEEKS!
Yesterday while driving to our hypnotherapist, I became overwhelmed with feeling that this baby is going to come much earlier than everyone thinks. Of course these feelings could just be excitement, but maybe not. I have been visualizing and talking to Bunny about October 10 as being the date that labor begins...a quick and easy labor and birth, 5-6 hrs in length. It's been part of our self-hypnosis for birth the visualize the labor and birth. Then last night at our hypnotherapist session, I asked if we could do some labor and birth work, and the labor I envisioned then was even more fast and beautiful. Maybe this all sounds a little silly, but I really don't give a crap! It's getting me through this pregnancy with a healthy mind, and it has given me such confidence that I can do this, that things will be different this time.
We had a pre-nantal apt this morning, my weight seems to have finally slowed down...I gained only 2 pounds in 2 weeks (compared to when I was pregnant with Birdie, it was like 6-10 pounds each visit!). So, I feel good about that and I think it's because I have been getting so much more exercise with this pregnancy. I am still getting to the Y 3 times a week, on the elliptical for 30-50 mins and 30-60 min walks each day with Macy! It just feels so great to get out and exercise! Oh, and Bunny is head down, slightly posterior (Birdie was completely posterior -hence the long labor), so I am sitting and rocking on my birthing ball, and soon will begin to crawl around on all fours much like Macy to turn this baby to anterior!!!
I am in the process of sewing a Mei Tai baby carrier, I am nearly done, all that is left are the straps! This is really exciting for me because for the longest time I have been wanting to get back into sewing, and I had lost my confidence in my ability to do it, but this carrier is coming out so nice and adorable! I hope to finish it up this weekend, and will post photos.
The other thing that I have been doing...is photographing Birdie's things. All that we have acquired and been given as gifts for her that has lived in her co-sleeper for the last year and a half. I had been putting this off, as I knew it would be hard for me/us to remove these things from the co-sleeper. However, last weekend Matt encouraged me to begin the process, and so I did. I hope to also finish that this weekend, as long as the sun cooperates. It's a very cathardic process, I have to say that if you have things that you too have acquired for your angel babe...perhaps documenting it can bring you some healing and peace too?
We finally wrapped up our birthing plan, after much talk about it...between ourselves, the birthing center and our midwives. We got that into the midwives today. I also found out that I can start taking evening primrose oil, next week I can start blue cohosh and then go from there... meaning that hopefully these things will help my cervix to ripen enough to invite some nice contractions....and then....labor!
Now, if we can just get the rest of the cloth diapers and covers we need, we will really be ready. Everything else is small potatoes at this point, as I know when this baby is born we are going to be surrounded by many who can help us with cooking and cleaning. =)
12 comments:
Congrats on 36 weeks. Much much love to you all.
Congrats! Glad you are feeling so well, physically and mentally :)
What an encouraging post; it fills me with joy.
So glad to hear that you are doing well! I haven't forgotten about making you some cloth diapers. I was all ready and then morning sickness stuck with a force like none other - and while I am still so green I finally hit 12 weeks (so i am breathing a little easier).
It's my plan to make you mediums (as my son wore that size from 4 months until he potty learned at 20 months - although he could have worn them a little longer).
Just didn't want you to think I forgot about you! As soon as I can sit at my sewing machine again, your diapers are first on the list!
(And if you need any help buying cloth let me know - we LOVED all the ones we used!)
:-) Alison in GA
I am so excited for you, and wishing you well from across the waves. xo
I just wanted to say I am just so happy for you, truly am. I thought back to when you were just trying to get pregnant, boy, that time went to fast!!;) Enjoy these last few weeks and soon your Bunny will bring you so much more love and joy into your hearts!
I'm thrilled for you; I was teary-eyed reading about readiness to meet your little Bunny. Sending positive thoughts your way; you'll do great!
Yeah, I got pretty emotional when you wrote about your co-sleeper. Do you picture Bunny all nuzzled up in it? I can't wait to see those pictures too :)
To offer a bit of encouragement, I delivered Asher completely posterior. I'll be praying for you during these next few weeks. Come on Bunny!
xoxo
So can't wait for the part where I get to say "Can I hold him/her?"
You are sooo close. I can't wait to hear the good news - I think of you often. xoxo
I am so glad you are feeling well. Did you get to 10 cm and pushing with Birdie? If you did then the labor should go quicker. Birdie was a big baby so if this one is smaller it should go swimmingly.
I am however, a bit concerned for blue cohosh on a scared uterus. Of course I don't know how much you are taking and that is a big one. I just worry, I am sorry.
I am beyond blissed for your joyful, hopeful pregnancy and birth visions. They sound fabulous.
I wish for you a peaceful birth, one that comes in its own time, at its own mellow pace, with a healthy Baby Bunny!
You are strong and resilient. Like Queen Inana, you have journeyed to the center of yourself - sometimes a dark, arduous journey - and back again to reclaim your authentic self. You have stood face to face with her, your Dark Sister, and seen that the only thing needed on this journey is what you already have inside of you.
Sending you love, birth warrior, Queen Erin of the Birthing World.
Holding you in my thoughts and heart...
xoxo
Leigh
Post a Comment