I remember walking through the cemetery in Longmeadow marveling at all the tiny headstones. It is so sad to think of so many little babies being buried there and so sad to think of their mamas and daddys
That one really hit home Erin, it reminds me of my brother who was a stillbirth and he is buried right next to my father. Sad so many little ones don't make it here, but they will never ever be forgotten....It's unbelievable when you go through a cemetery how many lost their children so young. My nieces birthday is coming up in a couple days, she died just short of her first birthday and I never know for sure how to remember it for my sister. I was looking for a card that said the right words... but couldn't find anything. I just want her to know I didn't forget her even though it's been years. As with your Birdie, she is not forgotten by others.
I haven't stopped by in a very long time. I'm so happy you are expecting! You look beautiful. I pray that you have such a restful peace that you can't even understand throughout these times.
I find it very emotional, going to the cemetery. V and A were not buried, but cremated and their ashes scattered. I have visited the grave of a stillborn baby boy of some friends of ours. I always remember that she said, "you'll see, the ones which only have one date are the stillborn ones." So very very sad.
I remember finding a little pocket of baby graves in the cemetery where my son is buried. We had stopped to look at a stone because we have yet to get a marker for his grave, and there it was a baby grave . . . and next to it another and another and then two from one family within a year. I always slow down as I drive by that section leaving the cemetery now. And then there is the one I drove by so many times without noticing. On a family stone, stuck between two generations of names it says simply Infant Grandson.
this is the only time i wish i had buried her, because these babies are real when you walk by their headstones. something about it seems more official. why is this? miss you! xoxo carol
hi Erin, I know how hard it is to see so many babies who never got to grow old or to sing sweet songs,now. I always thought how sad for the families, never totally knowing how sad it really is for the families, what a sad awaking we have had loosing our precious little Birdie. Some how I feel she has brought all of us together so closenow. Also I know she brought this new sister or brother of hers to you and Matt, to love and cherish along with her. She will always be in out hearts forever, we were fortune to have loved her before and after her birth. She was a beautyful child who is now looking over Mama and papa and new to be baby. I know now how much we lost that day, as have so many others. WE LOVE YOU and MATT SO MUCH. MAMA C
I helped deliver a 37 week baby born still. It never gets anybetter. It never gets less painful. My heart breaks for these parents. I think they are going to have a service and I will probably go.
However, last year a man approached me and said "Chris, You may not remember me but you took care of my wife when we had a loss. I did remember the loss once he mentioned it. And she just delivered a baby girl. I hope the couple I just delivered will come back in a couple years and have a wonderful birth of a live baby. But I also wish them healing.
My grandmother miscarried. It was a long time ago. Long before I was born. She's gone now herself, reunited with her husband and the baby she lost so long ago. I know his name, that he was a boy, that he was loved and wanted and where he is buried. I have not forgotten him, nor will I. I suspect that even though the babies of which you speak were lost a much longer time ago, there is someone, somewhere who knows and remembers. Love, like good recipes, is passed down through a family.
I honestly hate going to a cemetary and seeing baby stones. It's so sad. My grandmother had a stillborn, a girl and though I can't remember what she named her, I know where she is buried if I would ever go there to see her. My grandma had 5 boys and kept trying just to have a girl but unfortunately she never got to take her home.
10 comments:
I remember walking through the cemetery in Longmeadow marveling at all the tiny headstones. It is so sad to think of so many little babies being buried there and so sad to think of their mamas and daddys
That one really hit home Erin, it reminds me of my brother who was a stillbirth and he is buried right next to my father. Sad so many little ones don't make it here, but they will never ever be forgotten....It's unbelievable when you go through a cemetery how many lost their children so young. My nieces birthday is coming up in a couple days, she died just short of her first birthday and I never know for sure how to remember it for my sister. I was looking for a card that said the right words... but couldn't find anything. I just want her to know I didn't forget her even though it's been years. As with your Birdie, she is not forgotten by others.
I haven't stopped by in a very long time. I'm so happy you are expecting! You look beautiful. I pray that you have such a restful peace that you can't even understand throughout these times.
I find it very emotional, going to the cemetery. V and A were not buried, but cremated and their ashes scattered. I have visited the grave of a stillborn baby boy of some friends of ours. I always remember that she said, "you'll see, the ones which only have one date are the stillborn ones." So very very sad.
I remember finding a little pocket of baby graves in the cemetery where my son is buried. We had stopped to look at a stone because we have yet to get a marker for his grave, and there it was a baby grave . . . and next to it another and another and then two from one family within a year. I always slow down as I drive by that section leaving the cemetery now. And then there is the one I drove by so many times without noticing. On a family stone, stuck between two generations of names it says simply Infant Grandson.
this is the only time i wish i had buried her, because these babies are real when you walk by their headstones. something about it seems more official. why is this?
miss you!
xoxo
carol
hi Erin, I know how hard it is to see so many babies who never got to grow old or to sing sweet songs,now. I always thought how sad for the families, never totally knowing how sad it really is for the families, what a sad awaking we have had loosing our precious little Birdie. Some how I feel she has brought all of us together so closenow. Also I know she brought this new sister or brother of hers to you and Matt, to love and cherish along with her. She will always be in out hearts forever, we were fortune to have loved her before and after her birth. She was a beautyful child who is now looking over Mama and papa and new to be baby. I know now how much we lost that day, as have so many others. WE LOVE YOU and MATT SO MUCH. MAMA C
I helped deliver a 37 week baby born still. It never gets anybetter. It never gets less painful. My heart breaks for these parents. I think they are going to have a service and I will probably go.
However, last year a man approached me and said "Chris, You may not remember me but you took care of my wife when we had a loss. I did remember the loss once he mentioned it. And she just delivered a baby girl. I hope the couple I just delivered will come back in a couple years and have a wonderful birth of a live baby. But I also wish them healing.
My grandmother miscarried.
It was a long time ago. Long before I was born. She's gone now herself, reunited with her husband and the baby she lost so long ago.
I know his name, that he was a boy, that he was loved and wanted and where he is buried. I have not forgotten him, nor will I. I suspect that even though the babies of which you speak were lost a much longer time ago, there is someone, somewhere who knows and remembers. Love, like good recipes, is passed down through a family.
I honestly hate going to a cemetary and seeing baby stones. It's so sad. My grandmother had a stillborn, a girl and though I can't remember what she named her, I know where she is buried if I would ever go there to see her. My grandma had 5 boys and kept trying just to have a girl but unfortunately she never got to take her home.
Post a Comment