These weeks have been so amazing, though we know that our sweet little Holdyn is growing we have chose to not make such a big deal about it at this point. We simply don't want to let him grow up too fast...though like I said we know he is getting bigger already. For one thing he is getting chubby!


When we had our baby shower we had received a few baby carriers, one being a Moby carrier. We were so excited to be able to wear and carry Birdie everywhere, to hold her as much as possible. It really felt like the right thing to do, especially after reading so much about the (common sense) benefits of babywearing. Well, as you well know we never got to "wear" or carry Birdie, so with little Holdyn it's even more important! After waiting SO long to have a live baby...how could we not want to hold, carry and wear him as much as possible!

All our holding, carrying and wearing is so VERY nurturing for him and us.

So, we have figured out how to use the Moby wrap and we have been carrying and wearing him and it's delightful! I love being able to look down and see his teeny little face as I walk around and do things around the house.



12 comments:
You are SO right about the babywearing. I wish I had known about babywearing when my oldest was born, almost 8 years ago.
I did love to wear my godson when he was a baby but it was a regular b.jorn type thing and we did it because he lived on the East Coast and we had no cars.
I wore my daughter more but got started late. With her feeding issues and lack of weight gain I really wish someone had told me about it sooner.
ah... babies...
he's so beautiful!!!!
So very very adorably beautiful.
I loved wearing Bliss, he still asks sometimes but he can't fit so I just hold him.
I loved wearing both of our boys, although with Charlie, it took me a while to get it together. I'm impressed that you've already mastered the moby. With Henry I had to wait until he was 8 weeks before I felt comfortable with my wrap. Although, he lived in the fleece pouch until then.
So cute, I love the pictures, especially the one of him with his elbow bent and pinky in the air. Charlie used to do that all of the time. So sweet!
I love how you're smiling in the second picture. It's so beautiful.
I agree that babywearing is where it's at. I did it alot myself and loved every moment of it. The nice thing is that it can go on for a long time. A hiking carrier can carry a two year old around, although you might feel a little sleepy afterwards.
Thanks for the photos. Your family is lovely.
I wore Meg a lot. And once she was walking she chose to stay very close at hand. It's good for everyone.
That boy is beautiful!!! Can you zap me your mailing address so I can send him something? It's knitted, and he's growing so fast!!
oohhh look at his little belly button
looks like you've got the dipes in good working order, do you still need newbie ones? i found mine.
xox
carol
He is so very gorgeous. You look so, so peaceful. :)
ahh he so gorgeous - these pictures make me happy. And he is getting that chubby chubby baby look :-)
Love the pictures :) I totally regret not getting a baby wrap...I bet you're loving it. So happy for you guys.
xoxo
Meg
Oh...did you ever get Holdyn's present??? I didn't ask for delivery confirmation (stupid me).
Meg
It's so nice to see you and Matt looking so happy.
Post a Comment