New Shoes.
Today, today. Today is March 10, 2010, today Birdie would have been 3 years and one week old. Today, 3 years ago she would have been one week old. Instead, instead her spirit was flying free all around us, her body had become ash and we had begun the dreaded process of intense grief.
Today, today. March 10, 2010 my dear sweet miracle boy got his first pair of shoes (real sturdy exploration type shoes!). I couldn't let him walk around in his winter boots any longer, or his wool booties. No, it's spring here (pretty much), and he is ALL ABOUT being outside, walking around (and riding on the bike with me), exploring.
His curiosity is contagious, it is so beautiful to watch his explorations. I just love to give him as much space as he needs...until he starts heading for the street!
Holdyn is a lover of the outdoors, there is no question about this and he is helping me to regain my love of the outdoors too. It's amazing what he finds interesting when we walk around the neighborhood or in the forest. Sticks, rocks, dirt, leaves, bark of a tree etc. He doesn't need toys, all he needs are things found in the natural world, right outside his door. Its beautiful, so beautiful to watch him bloom and blossom in this way.
Tonight, I am thankful for the beautiful weather that has allowed his curiosity to run wild, I am thankful for our home (near the forest, parks, bike path), for a very hard-working husband whom I love so dearly...and for the comfortable bed (and pillow) that soon I will lay my tired body and head down upon and curl up next to my dear, sweet boy. My Holdyn.
3 comments:
Beautiful, Erin.
I love the curiosity too. Come visit . . . we can all explore at Grave's Farm together.
I'm glad although you have been through so much you have so much beauty in your life also. Your Holdyn sounds like so much fun!!;)
Post pictures! (Please!)
Post a Comment