Monday, April 09, 2007

Thinking so much about our Birdie
These photos reflect the mood I am in right now so well.



I simply cannot believe that our baby is dead. I cannot believe that I am living right now without my baby in my arms. How and why did this happen to us? We are good people, we love each other so much and our families. I know that there is not really any point to keep asking why but I have received no information from the universe or any living person, and Birdie has not come to me in my dreams and shown me anything to give me any peace. How can I trust that my baby girl is really ok where she is? I am trying to hold up really I am, but I keep falling down. I don't believe in god, and if I did how could I continue to after this? I cannot believe that any god would cause so much grief, sadness, hurting & pain. Why would any god separate a baby from its parents? Nobody can give me any good enough answer to this ever. FUCK! And FUCK THERE BEING NO GOOD REASON FOR THIS! I just want to have Birdie here with us. I should not be a part of this stupid stillbirth loss club (I mean no disrespect) that I am a part of now. This never should have happened! I did nothing but take the best care of myself and my baby my whole pregnancy. I ate & drank only organic food, I drank more water than I needed to, I took my prenatal vitamins before I knew I was pregnant, I went swimming with her in my tummy. So why the fuck did this happen? WHY? There were never any signs that anything was wrong my whole pregnancy. Dammit I just want to make some sense of this somehow.

Sometimes I feel like I never even gave birth to a baby, I gave birth to a ghost. This is just all so surreal that it really feels like Birdie never was ever really here, even though I know she was (and is). When I got to hold her she felt so present with me, so much so that I thought she would open her eyes. She looked like she would open her eyes and start to cry because she was so scared what had happened. I wanted so badly for her to cry and gasp for air. I would give anything to go back in time for that to happen. I am so grateful for being pregnant with her, for knowing her through feeling her moving and kicking and sleeping. I never once took any part of my pregnancy with her for granted and I am so glad for that. I was nothing but happy the whole time, I was so blessed to have her growing inside of me. Being adopted, I never really had anything that was any resemblance of myself. I knew nobody that looked like me, or had my mannerisms etc. I was so excited to finally have that. To have been a part of creating something from myself that would resemble me and maybe have some of my mannerisms and some of my personality. To have all of this taken away for no reason is so hard because she looks like me when I was a baby and a toddler. I have a photo of my grandfather and I when I was a year old, and when if you hold that photo next to hers she looks just like me. I had red hair when I was born, and so does she...so does she.

Oh Birdie, Mama misses you so much....SO MUCH honey. I just cannot handle that you are physically gone. I know you are here with us, I do but I miss your body, your skin and your sweet baby smell. Mama and Papa both miss you baby girl, and I'm sorry for crying so much but sometimes when I think really hard about you and all the things I wanted for you I get really sad. Birdie I really hope that wherever you are that you feel all this love that we have for you, its seems like you must because its bursting out of our hearts. I will try to wait patiently to see you in my dreams my love, but Mama really needs to know you are ok now. I need to know you didn't suffer when you heart was slowing down, please sweetie please show me you are ok.

I LOVE YOU BIRDIE!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin, would you email me sometime? I want to share something with you that may help you a little. . . not a lot but maybe just a tiny bit.

Claudia from GABR

Andy and Nessa Dunnells said...

Erin,
I don't know what to say. Please know that your not alone. It's so strange but now that I care. Your on my mind and in my familys conversations. All of you, Matt and Birdie and even Macey too! I'd love to talk. Please email me.

V

Catherine said...

Your love for your daughter is so obvious and so beautiful. I so wish you didn't know this pain. I'm sorry.

Amber said...

I am so sorry that you have to deal with this tragic happening in your life. Your love for Birdie is so apparent and just know that I'm still thinking of you in this dark time of your life and I hope that you find peace.

Heather said...

I linked to you from the infant loss/stillbirth directory. I know only too well how very sad and difficult these days are for you. My son died at birth almost 7 years ago.
It's so hard. Healing from this whole experience and learning to be a different person from the one you were before is so difficult. So exhausting. I read somewhere once "healing hurts, and hurting heals". So true.
Your daughter is beautiful. Just beautiful.

Kerry said...

There is no reason that this happened to you. Babies are not supposed to die. Parents are not supposed to outlive their children. It sucks, and it hurts, and it’s random. Just F-ing random.

Your little girl had a perfect life. She will never know pain and hurt. All she will have is the great love from her Mama and Papa, the memories of being well cared for in your tummy. Your baby girl is okay. She is perfect. Unfortunately, the pain is all yours. In this hellish time, try to take as good care of yourself as you did her. Many people are sharing in your nightmare and sending you healing vibes.

MoonMama said...

Oh my dearest friends,
I don't know what to say right now, but as I sit here crying and crying that this happened, I wanted to get in touch somehow. I don't know if there will ever be an answer to why, but I keep thinking about what you had posted...that we are only on this earth until our karma for this lifetime is complete. I often think that Birdie chose this lifetime, here with you and Matt, to feel love, and she did. She felt more love while you were pregnant with her than a lot of babies feel in years, or ever. I know you didn't take one second of your pregnancy for granted, and that every breath you took and every bite you ate, was for your daughter....I felt that so strong when I would read your blog. You both did everything right. I know she would have had the most perfect physical life here with you and Matt, there is no doubt...you are something special.
But maybe...what she wanted from this lifetime, this physical body was to feel love, and she did and her karma was complete. I know that sounds so shitty for me to say because you would've given her a lifetime of love, love, love...I just don't know. I am so sorry.
I don't believe in god either, but I do believe in this Earth and in this Universe, and I KNOW, that such a loving Universe would hold on tight to such a beautiful baby girl and make sure she is still happy and can feel her parents love, even if you aren't physically together. She is with you, so close. You gave her the best gift of all, love, loving parents, a beautiful physical body, completion of what she wanted to accomplish this lifetime, A FAMILY, people who care about her more than anyone else. I know you will get your sign, that you daughter is ok, and then a million more signs after that. I am so sorry this happened to you. She is you and you are her and that will never change...she knows you are her Mama and Papa and that she is so loved. I believe this.
My husbands first wife and baby passed away, and something that has helped us was to go to a Trusted psychic/clairvoyant...a real one...
We saw 2 different ones and they both told us that his wife and babies Karmic debt was completed....whatever happened in past lifetimes, that they either wanted to wrap up or complete or whatever, and that it is all about taking the next step as their spirit evolves.
She is in another world but its not far away, and you are her Mama and Papa. She is right with you and I know you will smell her and dream of her. I will never forget her or you, ever.
I'm so sorry if I overstepped my bounds with my thoughts here...I know you don't know me. I hope these words help and don't hurt. I am so so sorry for your pain. She is a Goddess and like Matt said, shes too good for this Earth. I know she is with you, she is yours forever.
Love,
Kim

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. I can be kind of sappy and over emotional and usually I can't stop the words from coming, but I have no words other than that right now. I'm so sorry. I wish you sweet dreams of your beautiful Birdi.

delphi said...

There isn't much that I can say or do to help you. Please know that the feelings that you write about here are so raw and true - I remember those feelings so well. For me, the always sit just under the surface of my otherwise-"recovering" facade.

I hope that you can find some moments of peace to give you a rest from your despair and sorrow. It is unbearable, unfair, and unbeleivable that your daughter is gone. There is no way to make your brain and soul understand it.

The smallest piece of advice that I have is to continue what you are doing - telling your story and of Birdie's beautiful life. Follow your soul; it will lead you where you need to go.

(((((HUGS)))))

Anonymous said...

I wish I could say something that would help, All I can say is that I send you and your husband and sweet daughter lots of good thoughts. You offered her the ultimate gift of the purest love, and though I don't know at all what I believe as far as God, I'm sure that love like that means everything. It was too brief, so unfair, so wrong, there is just no way around that, but nothing will ever discount that amazing love and her amazing but too short existence. I know it's no comfort, but the strength of your love means she was and is ok, no matter what. I know there is nothing that can make it easier. Again, I am so sorry.

gina said...

Hi,
I found your blog through Mommy Needs Coffee. I am so sorry. Birdie is just beautiful. I lost my son, Tanner, in my eighth month of pregnancy in 1993. He was fine one day, then the next he was just gone. I read your posts and I understand your grief. Please remember that you are a wonderful mother. You both are wonderful parents.

I was broken for a long time. I wish I could hold your hand. Though little Birdie will never leave you, your life will get better. You will feel joy again. I wish you and your husband so much peace and joy when you are ready for it.

Theresa said...

Erin,

I found your blog last night while I was feeling really low.

I want you to know that I am sorry for your loss.

The amazing love that you have for your daughter is shown throughout your posts, you did a wonderful job throughout your pregnancy.

You and your family are in my prayers.

wannabe mom said...

I found your blog through the babyloss directory. I am so very sorry about your beautiful daughter Birdie. I wish you and your husband didn't have to know this pain. Sending thoughts of love and peace to you.

Queen of the Mayhem said...

Erin,
I am terribly sorry for the loss of your beautiful baby girl. I can not even imagine the grief you must be feeling! I think having another baby to honor her memory is the greatest gift you could give her. I do understand your need to wait a while.

Good luck in your endeavors. Your raw, and honest posts have touched my heart!

Anonymous said...

OH wow. I cannot even imagine what you must be going through. I wish I could come give you the biggest hug on earth. Please take care of yourself as best you can.

Ann
xo