Friday, April 20, 2007

Today I went hiking for Birdie (with Macy of course)
CLICK HERE to read the writing on the image
Today Macy and I went hiking for Birdie. It was such a beautiful day here I couldn't believe it! Finally the gloom of this past weekend is gone, something that I and Matt needed very much. It was so miserable here last weekend, rainy, snowy, rainy snow...horrible! Depressing on top of being depressed!

Anyways, so yes today (and yesterday), were days to get outside and breathe the spring air and just enjoy life. Matty wasn't well yesterday so he didn't get to come outside and play, though he did sit outside for a little while, so he got some vitamin D.

I spent alot of the this morning working on our backyard which has gotten a little torn up...how you ask? Well there is this woman who is going to be gardening in our backyard with our landlady...and this lady while digging the garden plots was tossing many large pieces of cement and bricks into the back of the yard. I don't think she realized that when she was throwing the cement and bricks in the yard it tore up the grass. This made me feel a little sad because these things were just left in the yard with the yard looking kind of crappy. So, yesterday I started picking up the bricks and smaller cement pieces and began to make piles for bricks, cement and rocks. Anyways, the nice day today encouraged me to stack the rest of the bricks against the garage, so the yard looks a bit better after stacking the bricks and raking the weeds and torn up grass into piles.

Anywho, so today started out with my 7 week checkup with one of our nurse midwives.
Everything looks good, my uterus is shrunken down very small as it should be...I look really healthy she said. My ab muscles are still coming back together, but other than that I'm good.
So, I guess now we just try and be patient for 6 more months (since we are past march and april pretty much now) to try for another baby, a sister or brother for our Birdie. It's going to be hard to wait, but we both know for my health and the health of a new baby it's really best to wait to avoid even the smallest possibility of uterine rupture. It will be better to for our mental state after becoming pregnant as well.

So Macy and me went for a hike, as I was cleared to excercise again...I wanted to start with a nice hike in the woods around here, a fresh start for my body. Macy too needed to get out and she had a ball running up the hills and swimming in the streams! Seeing Macy that way always makes me smile and lauph, deffinately a good thing! I also wanted to go hiking with the intention of finding a nice tree that I could tie a ribbon on (a ribbon from one of the plants we got after Birdie died), then place some dried flowers and one of Birdie's remembrance cards on. I found a perfect spot. Below are a few photos from our adventure today. Being out in nature has always been something that I love to do, and now somehow it feels even more right to me, more special to be out there...it's like Birdie is everywhere...especially in the forest where you cannot escape the beauty, it engulfs you!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi My name is Yira, I live in Colombia. I was reading your blog and I couldnt help but cry reading the story, I am really, really sorry.
I have a special friend who lost her twins three months ago, she was almost six months pregnant, it has been really hard for her and her husband. Sometimes we dont know why things like that happen, and it is so hard to understand.

I have a two year old baby boy, and I was married only for eight months, my husband left me without any reason and now I have to live as a single mother and not having a job. I had to go with all the pain of loosing a husband, having to support a baby and come back to my home town without nothing, its been really difficult for me.

I wish you could get in touch with my friend, she speaks english, and I want to share with you a word that has helped me to rest in God and in his plan for my life, it says: "Life may not be perfect, but God is always faithful"

God bless you and comfort your soul and heart.

Yira

Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing. i have hope that your family will pull through this. i am the younger sister of christopher, who passed away two years before i was born. --margaret/holyoke

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful
all love
Denise
xx

Anonymous said...

Nature is a wonderful thing! Am thinking of you

MoonMama said...

thinking of you...Birdies tree is beautiful...happy the sun is shining on you,
love
kim

Athena said...

I was directed here form another site. I am so sorry for your loss. We lost our Angle Alex almost 6 months ago. I know the pain and struggle you are going through. Please feel free to stop by and read our story. Praying the Lord comforts you and is with you during your grieving.