History has been made. Hope for this country is here, this nation's hunger for change was so great, and so strong and we ALL made this happen!
Last night Matt, and I sat glued to my computer screen watching MSNBC'S live feed, and Holdyn was glued to the breast. For hours we waited for the news to unfold, for the votes to be counted and the electoral votes to be awarded.
And then... it happened, out of nowhere my computer froze: and then it unfroze to hear Brian Williams say, "There will be children living in the white house again", "We project Barack Obama is the next president of The United States".
There was silence in our house....and then we both began to cry, and cry tears of joy, tears of happiness and relief. What a beautiful moment in history! The healing that so many have been longing for began in an instant. Finally our past can be put behind us, and we can see a future, a bright gleaming future where we are ALL seen as equal, where we are ALL given a chance and opportunities, YES WE CAN!
The hopes and the dreams that Martin Luther King saw so vividly in his mind, and so many others saw during the civil rights movement have come to pass. We are ALL sisters and brothers regardless of skin color, we are all ONE. We celebrate this great victory as one people, as Americans. It has been a VERY LONG TIME since I have felt proud of my country, but today, because of these barriers that have been broken, because of the re-newed hope in my heart I AM proud.





CHECK THIS OUT! Hampshire College Celebrates Obama's Victory! YOU MUST WATCH THE WHOLE THING! I CRIED THROUGH THE WHOLE THING!
3 comments:
Yes, I stayed up too late but it was so exciting there was no way I could go to sleep. I finally went to bed at 12:30 am after I watched McCain's concession speech and Obama's acceptance speech.
Here in Canada we were also dancing in the streets. what a memorale day. I'm sure Martin Luther King was dancing in heaven that "his dream" came to pass.
Your Canadian Friend.
PS Baby Holden is just beautiful. I cried tears of joy for you all.
great clip but the picture for me, is the one above of you with your beautiful son at your breast, a true sign of Hope.
all love
Denise xx
Post a Comment