
Sorry I haven't been posting. I don't have much to say. With Birdie's 1st birthday coming up on the horizon I feel pretty numb and speechless. What more can I say, I am heartbroken and devastated and you already know that.
There is one thing I want to rant about, and that is The Trust Birth Conference. I just happened upon this site, as I did around this time last year....
"Birth is inherently safe.
If you would like to learn how to let go of the fear that is propagated around birth by our society, then come see us in beautiful Redondo Beach, California March 7-9, 2008 for the Trust Birth Conference!"
"Birth Is Safe;Interference Is Risky"
Give me a fucking break!
Actually, NO BIRTH IS NOT SAFE all the time, and INTERFERENCE CAN SAVE BABIES sometimes.
I know that I gave this slap in the face to myself by even going to this site, but I find myself more and more enraged with this kind of shit. The naivety of these people is incredible. They don't know and won't allow themselves to see on the other side of the coin, death. I know because I was one of those people, I was naive and stupid enough to think that all would be great and wonderful. It's not all flowers and sunshine and that is the kind of message this conference can give.
Please excuse my ranting, after what happened to us, to Birdie I cannot help it. I don't want someone else to have their baby die like ours did.
3 comments:
You look so beautiful. I can see your beautiful Birdie curled inside you, just loving life. And you, too.
You don't need me to tell you that I might have the same reaction to the trust birth. It makes you mad, and don't you wish it all could just be great and wonderful?
xoxo
Carol
I'll be thinking of you lots.
What a gorgeous photo. Really.
The misinformation the trust birth conference spreads is very, very frustrating.
As usual you photos are fabulous.
Post a Comment